Brea, CA (July 17, 2018) – Led by the advance look at an all-new RM-Z250 motocross machine and the new DR-Z50 mini, Suzuki Motor of America (SMAI) is proud to announce the introduction of its 2019 Motocross, DualSport, Off-road and Youth models including the QuadSport Z90 and QuadSport Z50 ATVs. The completely updated RM-Z250 features a long list of enhancements and performance improvements and now mirrors the cutting-edge styling of its big brother RM-Z450, introduced just last year. For young riders just starting out, Suzuki offers the new DR-Z50 mini. Featuring a host of convenience and safety features, the DR-Z50 is the perfect way to introduce youngsters to the thrill of dirt bike riding.
2019 Motocross Models – Suzuki’s tradition of building championship-winning, high performance motocross machines takes the next step forward with the pre-announcement of the all-new, 2019 RM-Z250. Designed to move it to the head of the 250 class, this all-new stunner features a long list of enhancements and performance improvements. Preliminary information on this new motorcycle is available now with full product details and specifications set to be announced in September.
Evolving the fundamental performance elements of ‘RUN’, ‘TURN’ and ‘STOP’ to a new level, Suzuki has infused the Winning Balance into the new 2019 RM-Z250. Suzuki engineers have achieved an even greater level of balance between the race-proven performance of the RM-Z250’s engine and chassis. Particular attention was focused on advancing its ‘TURN’ capabilities to continue Suzuki’s tradition of producing the best handling motorcycles on the racetrack.
The styling of the RM-Z250 is all-new and unified with that of the RM-Z450.
NEW 2019 Suzuki RM-Z250
- New Aluminum Frame & Swingarm
- More Power with Improved Throttle Response
- Sleek New Bodywork & Ergonomics
- New Coil-spring Fork & Shock/Linkage
- Champion Yellow with Red/Blue Graphics
- MSRP $TBA
Estimated arrival at dealers: February 2019
(MORE INFO COMING SOON)
2019 Suzuki RM-Z450
The 2019 RM-Z450 features an evolved and efficient traction management system. The Electronic Control Module (ECM) continually measures throttle opening, engine speed, and gear position and then adjusts the ignition timing and fuel injector duration to fine-tune the engine output to deliver the best traction for the riding conditions. The RM-Z450’s traction management system is different from a street bike traction control system, as it does not measure rear tire spin. Because the needs of a motocrosser are different than a street bike, this system offers constant adjustment that maximizes traction at all times.
The Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC) is a selectable launch system derived from the factory race bike to help riders’ takeoff from the starting gate for an early lead. There are three launch modes riders can choose for the best option per their skill level and starting conditions. There are also three stages to Mode A and Mode B of the S-HAC system. This helps riders at the moment of launch, when crossing the gate, and through acceleration to the full speed. The S-HAC settings for Mode A on the RM-Z450 are specially tuned to aid the rider’s throttle control during launches.
Mode A: For hard surfaces or slippery conditions at the starting gate. In this mode, S-HAC alters ignition timing at the moment of launch and the ride over the gate to reduce wheel slip to deliver a smooth takeoff. It also advances ignition timing during this sequence for stronger acceleration. After six seconds or when you reach fourth gear, the system shuts off and returns to normal ignition timing.
Benefit of Mode A: For novice riders, and/or hard and slippery traction conditions, use Mode A for a more controlled launch.
Mode B: When conditions at the starting gate have better traction, and a more aggressive launch is desired. S-HAC will advance the ignition timing to allow increased throttle response and stronger acceleration off the line. The ignition timing alternation is in a similar sequence as Mode A, but with increased overall timing. The system will return the ignition to normal operation in three situations (whichever happens rst): After six seconds, when you reach fourth gear, or when the throttle is closed. The system then shuts off and returns to normal ignition timing.
Benefit of Mode B: For skilled riders, and/or good starting conditions, use Mode B for a more aggressive launch.
- Base Mode: Standard power launch, no action required on the S-HAC switch.
- Designed for motocross use, the lightweight, battery-less, electronic fuel injection system is key to the engine’s efficient power delivery.
- Easy-to-use fuel couplers are included to simplify EFI tuning.
For quick fuel adjustments to suit riding conditions, two couplers are provided. By plugging in either of two additional fuel-setting couplers to the wire harness, riders can opt for a richer-than-stock or leaner-than-stock fuel setting.
- The RM-Z450’s twin-spar frame and twin-beam swingarm design continues
- Suzuki’s tradition of delivering the best-handling motocross machines available.
- This aluminum alloy, twin-spar frame combines cast and extruded sections to achieve superior front-and-rear weight distribution while balancing strength and weight.
- The frame is 700 grams (1.32 pounds) lighter than the prior generation RM-Z450 to improve cornering performance and shock absorption while delivering stable handling.
- The swingarm is assembled with thin, yet strong, materials for improved cornering performance and stable handling.
- The short wheelbase and frame head pipe location produces quick and nimble handling characteristics.
- Hexagonal aluminum rails are used on the sub-frame for light weight, a slimmer appearance, and easier air lter service.
- The sub-frame rails route inward to slim the bodywork, but also route upwards to provide additional space for the large air cleaner and the advanced BFRC shock absorber.
- Like the trim sub-frame, all of the bodywork is slim to enable the RM-Z450 rider to move freely in the cockpit, especially during spirited riding.
- Inspired by the advanced suspension from the GSX-R1000R Superbike, the RM-Z450 is fitted with a Showa BFRC shock absorber.
- The BFRC uses a separate, external damping circuit that improves the responsiveness of damping force to deliver excellent traction and better absorption over bumps.
- The fully adjustable BFRC controls damping so well during minute suspension movements that ride comfort is increased at lower speeds, while stability is enhanced at higher speeds.
- The 2019 RM-Z450’s BFRC shock has a new spring rate and corresponding damping force settings to produce even better handling characteristics.
- The new generation Showa coil spring front fork has large inner tubes and rod pipes for strength and durability.
- Springs in each fork leg combine with large, adjustable damping cylinders to deliver better response to the terrain and provide a strong feeling of control to the rider.
- Front suspension tuning and maintenance is balanced and easy: a great benefit during frequent riding. New compression damping force settings for the fork also contribute to improved handling on the 2019 RM-Z450.
- The strong Renthal aluminum tapered handlebar has a straighter bend than prior models to help aid the rider during aggressive maneuvering.
- The light upper fork bracket was developed to complement the Showa coil spring front suspension and handlebars.
- For effective stopping performance and feel, a large 270mm, wave-style front brake rotor with twin piston caliper are used.
- The trim rear brake master cylinder hugs the frame beam to reduce dirt contamination and the chance of the rider’s boot touching it during riding.
- To support the strong engine, braking, and handling performance of the RM-Z450, the bike is fitted with racetrack-developed Bridgestone Battlecross X30 tires.
- The wheels feature black anodized rims with a cross-section design that maintains strength while reducing un-sprung weight.
- Suzuki beak-inspired styling has a sharper front fender and radiator shrouds blending into side covers and an upswept tail, to promote the impression of speed while reducing weight and easing service.
- The functional styling and the motorcycle’s trim chassis permit a variety of rider positions that facilitate control and comfort.
- The plastic fuel tank weighs a half-pound less than the prior generation’s aluminum tank. Fuel capacity is an ample 1.7 US gallons.
- The seat base, inner fenders, and side covers were developed to reduce the amount of moisture and dirt that gets to the air cleaner. This helps prevent debris from contaminating the air lter element.
- Made with a special density foam, the seat is well shaped and slim to aid the rider’s control of the motorcycle. The seat has a large blue gripper panel that runs nose-to-tail on the cover.
- The Championship Yellow bodywork is enhanced with a new 2019 graphics package that features distinctive striping and Suzuki logos.
2019 RM-Z450 Overview
- DOHC 4-valve, 449cc, 4-stroke Engine
- Suzuki EFI with Tuning Coupler System
- Twin-spar Aluminum Frame & Swingarm
- New Rear Shock Spring
- Updated Suspension Settings
- Champion Yellow with Red/Blue Graphics
- MSRP $8949
Estimated arrival at dealers: August 2018
2019 Suzuki RM85
- The Choice of Future Champions
- Strong & Reliable 84.7cc Two-stroke Engine
- Six-speed Transmission & Manual Clutch
- Fully Adjustable SHOWA Suspension
- Champion Yellow with Red/Blue Graphics
- MSRP $4199
2019 Suzuki DR-Z50
- Reliable and easy-to-control, 49cc, 4-stroke engine
- Smooth-shifting 3-speed transmission with automatic clutch
- Push-button electric starting with back-up kickstarter
- Keyed ignition and power limiter for parental control
- Champion-approved RM-Z styling and graphics
DR-Z50 / FEATURES ENGINE FEATURES
- Powered by a reliable, 49cc, four-stroke engine, the DR-Z50 has plenty of torque to deliver the right level of controllable performance for a younger rider.
- The DR-Z50’s engine has a smooth power band with peak power that can be controlled via the adjustable throttle limiter that allows supervising adults to control engine output to suit the rider’s ability.
- Starting the DR-Z50 requires a simple push of the electric start button. Riders can also kick-start the bike, so a fun day of riding is always available.
- Adult supervision is essential, so young riders get off to a safe and fun start to motorcycling. The DR-Z50 provides the security of a keyed ignition, so the engine can’t run unless an adult has switched it on.
- Clean-burning four-stroke engine is EPA Emissions and California red sticker compliant.
- Spark-arrestor equipped muffler is environmentally friendly, yet has a pleasant exhaust note.
The easy-to-use automatic clutch smoothly transmits power through the three-speed transmission, so beginning riders learn key-shifting techniques, while discovering the joy of riding.
- Inverted front forks have a RM-Z-inspired design to produce enjoyable riding on a variety of terrain surfaces, with 3.8 inches of front wheel travel to absorb bumps.
- Aggressive RM-Z-inspired styling with bright yellow bodywork and matching graphics let the rider enjoy a big bike look and appeal.
- Don’t be fooled by the DR-Z50’s light weight: It has a durable steel frame and swingarm designed to carry a wide range of riders and can easily tackle a variety of riding conditions.
- Low 22-inch seat height puts entry-level riders at ease. A slightly forward- leaning riding position allows for maximum rider mobility.
- Strong braking performance is provided by front and rear drum brakes. Adjustable front brake lever ts a variety of different-sized hands for optimum young rider control.
The DR-Z50 is designed for use by children and off-road use only—do not use on public roads. Single rider only—weight limit 40 kg (88 pounds).